1) Alien Registration - Application Time and Procedures
- Foreigners planning to stay in Korea for over 90 days from the arrival date (Article 31 of the Immigration Act)
(2) Registration time
- Within 90 days of arrival
- At the time (immediately) when a foreigner receives a sojourn status or gets his/her sojourn status changed
- The competent immigration office (an office or a branch office) or Investment Consulting Center of KOTRA*
- Eligible only for corporate investors (D-8), their family members (F-3), or housekeepers (F-1).
2) Documents Required for Alien Registration
- Integrated application form (the Enforcement Rules of the Immigration Act [attached Form No. 34]) – Passport
- 1 color photo (3.5×4.5cm)
- KRW 30,000 in fees (cash)
- Corporate investors (D-8-1) are exempt from all fees.
- Additional documents for each sojourn status
- Check documents required for each sojourn status at Hi Korea (www.hikorea.go.kr).
3) Report of Changes in Alien Registration Matters
- When any of the following changes occur to foreigners registered as aliens, they or their proxies should file the change with the competent immigration office within 14 days of the day when the change occurred (Article 35 of the Immigration Act).
- An alien who has failed to report changes in his/her registered matters to the relevant immigration office within 14 days of the day when the changes took place shall be fined for the violation of the provisions of Article 35 of the Immigration Act.
Matters to be reported
- A change to the name, gender, date of birth, or nationality
- A change to the number, date of issuance, or term of validity of his/her passport
- A change to the agency or organization (including a change to its name) where an alien holding a culture/art (D-1), student (D-2), general trainee (D-4), or international trade (D-9) visa belongs to to
- A change to the name of the agency or organization where an alien holding a long-term news coverage (D-5), religious works (D-6), intra-company transfer (D-7), corporate investment (D-8), or international trade (D-9) belong visas to to
Documents to be submitted
- Passport and alien registration card
- Integrated application form (the Enforcement Rules of the Immigration Act [attached Form No. 34])
Alien Registration in Korea