Administrative Lawyer

Permission to Stay for Refugee Status Applicants

Grant of the status of stay, a change of status You may receive a G-1 Miscellaneous visa or, change your status to G-1 at the immigration office, or branch office with jurisdiction over your place of residence. ※ Required Documents: A written application (Annex No. 34), the receipt of refugee status application, an identification [...]

Employment in Korea

1) Finding Jobs Foreigners can work in Korea in line with the purposes they have entered the country and the type of visa they have received. The following websites can be helpful in finding jobs suitable for you. Seoul Global Center Run by the Seoul Metropolitan Government, the website provides information on various trade fairs, [...]

Alien Registration in Korea

1) Alien Registration – Application Time and Procedures (1) Eligibility Foreigners planning to stay in Korea for over 90 days from the arrival date (Article 31 of the Immigration Act) (2) Registration time within 90 days of arrival at the time (immediately) when a foreigner receives a sojourn status or gets his/her sojourn status [...]

General Information about Korean Visa

(1) What is a Visa? When an alien enters the Republic of Korea, he/she shall hold a valid passport and a visa issued by the Minister of Justice (Article 7 (1) of the Immigration Act). The view about a visa is divided into two groups: Some countries view it as the confirmation of an entry [...]

Eligibility for Cash Grant

A foreign investment where the ratio of foreign investment is at least 30 percent and foreign investment with long-term borrowing shall not be eligible for cash grant support. 1. New Growth Engine Research and development of technologies for new growth engines and source technologies, materials process technology directly related to new growth engine technologies 2. High [...]

Refugee Status Determination Procedures

Refugee Status Determination (RSD) Procedures are conducted based on the materials submitted by the person who filed for the refugee status application. Therefore, you need to prove your refugee claims via supplementary evidence and/or statements. During RSD procedures, RSD officers will interview you and conduct factual investigations based on your claim. The decision will be [...]

Individual-type Foreign Investment Zones

An individual-type Foreign Investment Zone (FIZ) is a tailored location for large-scale investors and foreign investors can choose and designate the location of the investment zone. 1. Criteria for The Designation The FIZ shall be designated when new factory facilities (or workplace) are built or newly installed on existing buildings by the same corporation to install [...]

Applying for Refugee Status during Stay in Korea

Who can apply? An alien staying in the Republic of Korea (ROK). When to apply? You must apply for refugee status while you are staying in Korea. Where to apply? You can apply at an immigration office, immigration branch office, or an immigration detention center in Korea. The Office Chief or other [...]

Complex-type Foreign Investment Zone

A complex-type Foreign Investment Zone (FIZ) is designated for lease or transferred exclusively to foreign-invested companies. The lease term is up to 50 years and must be renewed every 10 years. Companies moving into this type of zone are provided with low-cost rent and benefits such as rent reduction or tax credits depending on the investment. [...]

Advantages for Foreign Investors

The Korean government provides incentives in the form of reductions and exemptions on taxes including acquisition tax, property tax, customs duty, and value-added tax for foreign investors to promote investment and national economic development through the transfer of advanced technologies. Tax reductions or special provisions on taxation are also provided to foreign engineers and workers. [...]

Scroll to top